If there’s one thing that makes us crave tea even more than our normal above average obsession with it, it’s rain. The patter of rain on the windows and a big warm cup of tea? Nothing is better.
So as fall approaches and the inevitable rainy days follow, we welcome it with open arms (and a warm cup of tea)! In this case, an Earl Grey Vanilla Tea Latte, otherwise known as a London Fog.
London Fogs are delicious. They’re rich and creamy and the vanilla bean beautifully compliments the bright citrus bergamot flavours from the Earl Grey tea. Perfect for snuggling up with with a warm blanket and a good book!
Our Kenyan Earl Grey is made with cold-pressed bergamot oil, which provides an aromatic and rich taste with flavours of bright citrus and wildflowers. Grown under the Mediterranean sun, the organic bergamot oranges marry perfectly with the natural fruity notes of our whole leaf Kenyan tea. Unlike any other Earl Grey you have tasted, it’s no wonder it’s one of our best sellers!
Total time: 30 minutes
JusTea London Fog Ingredients
2 cups water
2 tsp (or 2 teabags) of our Kenyan Earl Grey
4 cups milk of your choice (we used almond milk – delicious!)
2 tbsp honey
1 vanilla bean
How to make a London Fog
- Add the water to a medium-sized pot over high heat. When the water begins to boil, turn the heat to low and add the tea leaves (or tea bags). Let the tea steep until it’s as dark and strong as possible (about 5-7 minutes).
- While you’re waiting for the tea to steep slice open the vanilla bean pod and scrape the seeds out, set aside.
- Remove the tea from the pot (if using loose leaf tea strain through a tea strainer into another cup or pot and then return tea into pot) and stir in honey until it dissolves.
- Add the milk, the vanilla bean seeds and the whole vanilla bean pod to the pot and stir gently with a spoon until the mixture reaches a simmer. Keep the heat low to prevent mixture from boiling and maintain a low simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture as you pour it into 4 mugs and enjoy!