JusTea offers the first and only farmer-direct tea from Kenya. If you like this blog post, check out the rest of our website.
- The History of TeaBy Paul BainJuly 29, 2022
- Explaining the Tea Making Process: How 5 Different Types of Tea are MadeBy Paul BainJuly 29, 2022
Shop the article
The Only Way to Make the Freshest Iced Tea
By Paul Bain
If you are always on the hunt for a healthier alternative to soft drinks with your meals, but equally as refreshing, then really the only answer is Iced Tea. Home-made iced tea has zero sugar content and has lots of amazing health benefits (Learn more here.)!
6 Simple Steps to Make Iced Tea
- Boil water to the specific temperature for the tea type*
- Scoop 2 tsp of leaves (or 2 tea bags) per 1/2 cup of water (125 ml) into an infuser
- Put infuser (or tea bags) in mug or tea pot and pour in boiled water
- Steep for the specific time for the tea type. Typically teas steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the infuser (or tea bags) from your mug.
- Add a minimum of 1 cup of ice cubes (some will melt). Let cool for a minute then enjoy your iced tea!
* If you don’t have a temperature-controlled kettle, then just boil the water and let it sit and cool for about 6 minutes for purple or green teas. Black/Herbal teas can be poured right when the water boils.