If you are always on the hunt for a healthier alternative to soft drinks with your meals, but equally as refreshing, then really the only answer is Iced Tea. It has less than 50% of the sugar content, but it is truly all-natural and has health benefits too (Antioxidants and more depending on the tea used. Learn more here.
6 Simple Steps to Make Iced Tea
- Boil water to the specific temperature for the tea type*
- Scoop 2 tsp of leaves (or 2 tea bags) per 1/2 cup of water (125 ml) into an infuser
- Put infuser (or tea bags) in mug or tea pot and pour in boiled water
- Steep for the specific time for the tea type. Typically teas steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the infuser (or tea bags) from your mug.
- Add a minimum of 1 cup of ice cubes (some will melt). Let cool for a minute then enjoy your iced tea!
* If you don’t have a temperature-controlled kettle, then just boil the water and let it sit and cool for about 3 minutes for an oolong, and 6 minutes for a purple or green tea. Black/Herbal tea can be poured right when the water boils.